Arrival & Departure
We make an appointment about your arrivaltime at least one day before arrival. The apartment is ready at 14.00h. The house is ready at 15.00. When you want to check in at an earlier time we can arrange that. You can leave your luggage and I will hand out your keys.
At departure day you have to leave before 11.00h.
When arriving from the North via A2:
- Choose lane direction Hasselt.
- Cross the viaduct over the train rails and the river Maas. At the traffic lights: follow direction TONGEREN (left)
- You go in to the city (Statensingel), and come to the first round about. Follow TONGEREN
- You pass the trafic lights (Hertogsingel) and come to the second round about. Follow TONGEREN, this is first road to the right. As soon as you left the roundabout, immediately take the side road at the right. This is the Tongerseweg.
- You find my house at nr. 56.
From the South via A2
- Follow lane direction Tongeren.
- When on the viaduct over the trainrails, follow direction HASSELT
- Take care! You must drive no more than 50KM ph!
- You cross the Maas (beautiful view)
- At the first traffic lights you take direction Centre, but choose the most leftside lane.
- At the following round about (Tongerseplein) you take direction Tongeren, wich is the third byway.
- Immediately take the sideway at the right. This is Tongerseweg.
- You find my house at nr. 56.
With public transport
From Maastricht Central Station you can take a bus to my house. There are three possibilities
Bus 3 direction Wolder: Get of at stop Cannerplein. (This stop is at the other side of the square. You have to walk back and cross the streets to go to Grand Café De Tramhalte. My house is just one more house next to this café. Walking time: 2 min)
Bus 4 direction Pottenberg: get out at stop Cannerplein , it is at the Tongersweg. At 1 minute walking you find my house at the Tongerseweg 56.
If you have not too much luggage you can walk from Maastricht CS to my house. It takes 25 minutes. It is a beautiful route because you cross the old city from east to west. The council of Maastricht likes to pave the streets with cobblestones, so if you have a suitcase on wheels…
You are allowed to park your car in the street or around the corner. You will always find a free spot. A ticket at the parking meter is 6,60 euro per day and 1,50 per hour.
In neighborhoods with more distance to the center, there is still possibility to park gratis. It will take about 15 minutes to walk back. If you are interested I can give you more information.
You can pay by transferring the total amount to my bankaccount. On your invoice you find the termin within which you have to pay.
When you are from a country outside the Euro-zone, there is a possibility to pay cash on arrival.
Our reservations apply the “Uniforme Voorwaarden Horeca Nederland” (The Uniformal Conditions of Dutch Horeca)
For reservations of 1 -3 nights:
- Cancelling is free when it is done more than 72 hours before arrival (09.00 a.m. day of arrival). Downpayments will be refunded immediately at the guest.
- When the guest cancels the reservation less than 72 hours before arrival (09.00 a.m. day of arrival) he/she will pay 50% of the price of the first night at Piekel’s B&B.
- When the guest cancels less that 24 hours before arrival (08.00 a.m. day of arrival) he/she will pay 100% of the price of the first nigt at Piekel’s B&B.
For reservations of 4 nights or more:
- Cancelling is free when it is done more than 1 week before arrival (09.00 a.m. day of arrival). Downpayments will be refunded immediately at the guest.
- When the guest cancels the reservation less than 1 week before arrival (09.00 a.m. day of arrival) he/she will pay 50% of the total price. In such cases, the excess payment will be returned by me directly to the guest’s bank account.
- When the guest cancels less that 72 (3 days) hours before arrival (09.00 a.m. day of arrival) he/she will pay 100% of the total price.
For rental during André Rieu concerts: The payment of the total amount for the stay must be transferred to Piekel.nl one month (30 days) before the day of arrival.
- Cancellation up to 1 month (30 days) before 09.00h day of arrival is free of charge. Payments will be refunded directly to the guest’s account.
- If canceled up to 1 week (7 days) before .9.00h day of arrival, the guest will owe 100% of the cost of the first night. In such cases, the excess payment will be returned by me directly to the guest’s bank account.
- In case of cancellation less than 1 week (7 days) before 09.00h day of arrival, the guest has to pay 100% of the costs of the first and second night. If applicable the remaining amount will be refunded directly by me to the guest’s account.